Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Meet Tessa

Our little princess arrived on 4-1-11 at 1:41 pm. What an amazing day it was. My surgery was scheduled at 8:00 am but, we had to be to the hospital at 6:00 am, which meant we had to leave by 5:00 am, which meant I had to get up at 3:45 am. Well, when we got down the street, on our way to the hospital I got a call from the labor and delivery room. The lady said "you're  going to kill me but we have to move your c-section back to noon". What a bummer that was! So back home we went and Ryan and I fell back asleep on the couch. At 9:00 am we were back on the road, all I was thinking was "darn I would have been almost done and I would have met my baby girl by now." Oh well whats a couple hours when you've already waited 9 months. 
Unlike most labor and delivery stories, mine is very short. We got to the hospital at 10:00 am, got checked in our room, got hooked up to all the monitors an IV and waited for the doctor to get there. When he finally did I got wheeled into the OR to get the epidural. To be honest, it hardly hurt at all. Actually a lot less than the 4 attempts to get my IV. Anyway, my blood pressure dropped really low so I stared to feel a bit nauseous and delirious and I kept making sure they were gonna tell Ryan to come in before they started. They kept reassuring me that he was, and finally he came walking in. This meant it was go time! After a lot of tugging and pulling, we finally got to hear our baby girl cry. I immediately started cry and and anxiously waited to get the first glimpse of my precious Tessa girl. When the nurse brought her over to me I cried a little more and stared at her in awe. She was absolutely perfect! I fell in love again for the 3rd time!  I didn't think it was going to be possible for me to love another baby as much as I love Trent, but I was wrong...I DO!! It is amazing how you can love someone with just one look. They are my babies and they are all mine! 


Trent, with Dad, opening his gift from Tessa...
a tool puzzle that he soon became obsessed with

Moms last picture being pregnant wit baby Sis
(that's what Trent calls her)
Welcome to the World baby Tessa Jean


19 inches and 6 lbs 10 ounces of pure Joy!
 First time meeting my princess...
LOVE at first sight!
 Hello Beautiful!
Love from Mom and Dad!


First bath...she Loved it!



Daddy changing the first diaper

 Big Brother...he loves her!
Cant you tell?

My three loves..xoxo

Kisses!!!


 I cant get enough of this face!

 and these lips...


And these feet...
and this girl!




Some other things I want to remember from the day:

Trent stayed the night with Grandma Dede and she said in the middle of the night, he woke up from a dead sleep, sat up and said "I get to hold baby Tessa tomorrow" and then laid back down ans was asleep 2 seconds later.

Trent got a gift from his baby Sis, which was a tool puzzle and he loved it. He took all the puzzle pieces out and carried them around all day. He wouldnt share them with any of his cousins, but he wanted to share them with his sister.  When I was holding Tessa, he climbed up in the bed with me and layed them all out on my chest to share them with her. It was so cute!

We had lots of visitors there to meet the new bundle, which included: Gaga and Papa, aunt Taisia and aunt Tatum, Grandma Dede and Grandpa John and aunt Danielle, Grandpa Bill and Grandma Theresa, aunt Anna and uncle Matt. Great Grandma and Papa Hess. Aunt Tammy, Tara, Tighe and Taylor, Nikki, Brittney, and Bonnie.

Ryan and I wanted to keep things as normal as possible for Trent so we decided it would be best if he went home to put Trent to bed and then came back in the morning. So while Brittney and Nikki were visiting Nikki offered to stay with me so I didnt have to be alone. I gladly accepted! What amazing friends I have. I am so lucky!

Mom stayed with me the second night. I have the best mom too!

This time around was much easier than the first, I got up the second day and showered, put some make-up on and Nikki helped me blow dry and straigten my hair.

Tessa girl was/is an angel baby...hardly ever cries!

I begged the nurses and Doctor to let me go after 2 nights and it worked. We got to go home on April 3rd, as a family of 4!
Never have I felt this much love! I love my family soooo much!

1 comment: